I don’t normally take part in these awards but I was nominated twice by two special bloggers and felt it would be important to acknowledge the awareness they’ve raised about their mental health journeys.
That said, I am changing things up a bit and instead of nominating others, invite any of you to answer the questions if you dare 🙂 I don’t want to single out bloggers and appreciate all of your blogs, hence I follow you! In typical “Who are you calling sensitive” style, the questions are mostly linked to therapy and wellness. My questions are at the bottom so you”ll first see the way I answered the questions thrown at me.
Penny Lane‘s questions:
1, If money was no object, what would your first purchase be? Paying for a close friend to attend therapy sessions because she is going through a rough patch but can’t afford to get help.
2, Who is your favourite author? What a cracker of a question. I feel too bad to only name one. But I love detective, investigative and criminal fiction, fantasy and psychology, neuroscience and philosophy books.
3, Where do you see yourself in ten years? If all goes well, I’d like to be a fully-actualised person who has a compassionate internal voice and a strong sense of purpose, using what I have to help other people improve their lives.
4, What’s your most embarrassing moment? X-rated unfortunately. But I often trip up stairs and on flat surfaces. Oh yes, and I went to therapy one day with a big hole at the back of my pants. DS said he didn’t notice and would have said something!
5, What was the last song you listened to? Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift.
6, What was your favourite holiday? When we went on honeymoon to a tropical island. We immersed ourselves in the culture and ate exotic meals.
7, What are three things that annoy you? People who target the vulnerable, racism and the sound of those chewing with their mouth open.
8, what is your favourite quote/saying? Like snowflakes, the human pattern is never cast twice. We are uncommonly and marvellously intricate I’m thought and pattern… American actress and novelist Alice Childress.
9, Favourite meal? Depends on whether I feel healthy or not. Healthy meal- chicken stirfry. Less healthy- spaghetti bolognaise.
10, Do you believe in love at first sight? I believe in lust at first sight. I think love cannot be based on visual impact alone but on a profound and sustained connection with a like-minded soul.
Wandering thru the wilderness’s questions:
1) What is your favorite color? Turquoise
2) What is your favorite book? Not again!
3) Who is/was your most positive influence? My gran. She gifted me with some sense of self-worth, sturdy table manners, good posture and a belief in my imagination.
4) Do you prefer sweet or salty? Sweet.
5) What is your favorite charity? SPCA.
6) What is your biggest pet peeve? People who don’t clean up after themselves.
7) Name something exciting on your ‘bucket list’. I want to be able to speak French and explore Paris and the countryside.
8) What is your favorite movie? Love Actually.
9) What do you do to relax? I change into comfy, soft clothes, find a quiet space and read books or psychology articles with a cup of steaming green tea.
10) What is your hobby? Ballet, knitting, cycling, drawing.
1) What is your favourite TED talk?
2) How do you recharge your batteries?
3) What has been your most memorable moment in therapy?
4) Complete the sentence: The way to romance me is to…
5) What’s your first thought when you open your eyes in the morning?
6) Your favorite candy or chocolate?
7) Who would you least want to be stuck in a lift with and why?
8) If your life were a book, what would the title be?
9) Craziest dream you’ve had?
10) What does your therapist not know about you?